Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lincoln's preschool graduation

We have been amazed at all the things Lincoln has learned in preschool, thanks to his awesome teacher. It has been a tremendous blessing to have him in Miss Jamie's class because it was the perfect opportunity for him to really come out of his shell a little more. We are really proud of him!! We told him we wanted to do something special on his graduation day (Colby didn't have to work) and his eyes got really big and he said, "like what?" and I said, "Well, what would you want to do?" and he said, "CHUCK E CHEESE!!" So that's what we did...

He is really into getting as many tickets as possible so he can get those dinky little trinkets that we end up tossing a month later, but it's worth it to see how excited he gets when he's picking out his "prizes." (He calls it picking out his "surprizes.")


So after some good times at Chuck E Cheese, we went to his graduation. He had memorized two sentences for his part in the program and I was wondering how he would do with the whole shyness factor, but he did great! He walked right up to the microphone and said his lines without a problem. It was awesome. Another HUGE step for him.


Here he is playing his guitar over his head like a real rock star. (The theme for graduation was that the kids were "rock stars").


And of course he couldn't resist showing his rock star abilities for Tessa the next morning. (It's funny, but I remember seeing a picture of a 3-yr-old Colby playing the ukalele for his baby twin brothers, similar to this picture, except I think Colby was just sporting his underwear and t-shirt).


After graduation, Lincoln had to tell Grandma all about it on the phone, so he got comfy on the couch since he knew he had a lot to say and would be there awhile. He's such a little adult!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

So cute! I love the picture of him playing for Tessa. What a good big brother!

Unknown said...

You are right, like Father like Son, such a wonderful Big Brother. I know some siblings who would ditto that one. They are both growing so fast, I can't wait to get the web cam working and talk to your little family.

Ash Kelley said...

i love all those pictures! What a rock star!

Heather S. said...

Oh, that's so cute! I can't believe how old Lincoln is!

CHMomma said...

way to go little graduate! so cute :)

Kari said...

CONGRATS!!! I am envious of your families experiences with the preschool & Cape May. All of those wonderful things about philly that bring on home sickness. Anyway, Thanx for sharing! It's awesome to be able to peek into your life. I do like Tessa hair cut! She looks tons like her brother. We miss you guys tons! It was abt exactly a year ago that we were with you in Boston! Sweet Memory!Hope to be with you again soon.
ps. I loved your list on Colby & it nearly brought a tear to my eye. Especially the camping thing. ;)